Monday, October 11, 2010

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies


You really can't go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate.  You just can't.  

With the unofficial (or is it official?) baking season right around the corner, I'm sure I'm not the only one who has the bug.  So this weekend I made these tasty, chewy cookies that happen to have the perfect ratio of peanut butter to chocolate just because I wanted to :-)  And let me tell you they did not disappoint.

I've had a similar recipe for these cookies from Good Things Catered starred in my google reader for a few months now and will probably be trying the original recipe soon to see which I like better (with peanut butter chips vs. semi sweet chocolate chips).  For now, I'm pretty convinced these are hard to beat!

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 stick butter, room temperature
8 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg plus 1 yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups peanut butter chips

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.

Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl.  Meanwhile, cream the butter, brown and white sugar, and peanut butter in an electric mixer until soft and fluffy.  Beat in the egg and vanilla.

Add the dry ingredients and beat until just combined.  Fold in chocolate chips.

Arrange cookie dough on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper by the tablespoon full.  Bake for about 20 minutes (my oven takes a little longer than most).  Remove from oven and let sit to cool.  Enjoy with a cup of milk!




1 comment:

  1. These look amazing. Peanut butter and chocolate is probably my favorite combination of all time! :)

    ReplyDelete