Monday, September 28, 2009

Ahhhh....



Ahhh....that was my feeling for the past 8 days.  Greece and Turkey were amazing.  2 days in Athens kicked off the trip, followed by a week on a small cruise.  We stopped in 5 different locations in Greece (Mykonos, Santorini, Lesvos, Kos, and Samos), as well as Kusadasi, Turkey.  The trip was a sales incentive from 2008 bookings - and let me just say it made all of that hard work well worth it.


I am back refreshed, calm, and loving life.  The food was absolutely amazing; my camera stopped working a few days before the trip was over so unfortunately I do not have any food shots, but I will definitely be recreating some of my favorites.  I think the Mediterranean diet is meant for me - I started almost every day with Muesli with fresh strawberries or Greek yogurt and fruit.  Lunch always involved a Greek salad and a glass of Chardonnay or Santorini's Sauvignon Blanc.  And dinner was 5 courses every night!  Although after the first two courses I was always full, the food was too good to resist!  Spanakopita, antipasti, and zucchini balls usually showed up on the menu as appetizers, and fresh soups, creative salads, and fish or lamb were typically served throughout the night.  


Now, it's back to reality here in Atlanta and I am happy to say I am itching to get back in the kitchen and back to a healthy routine!  I'm sorry for the delay in posts over the past several weeks but I look forward to jumping back in full speed!


I leave you with an image of sunset in Kusadasi, Turkey.  See you soon!


1 comment: