Monday, October 12, 2009

Almond Butter & Jelly Cookies

Remember the Peanut Butter, Date, and Pecan cookies?  Ever since we blew threw them (much faster than I'd like to admit - I even tried freezing them so we'd stop eating them...that didn't work!) I've been thinking of other ways to incorporate similar ingredients into cookies.  The most natural addition?

Blackberry Preserves!


I originally tried to make this recipe the same way I made the previous one - by incorporating the almond butter (last time it was peanut butter), jelly, dates, sugar, and egg and rolling into 1" balls by hand.  The first one I tried to roll just turned into sticky goo all over my hands so I quickly realized there was going to have to be some sort of modification.  I added 1.5 cups of flour and it seemed to do the trick.  The result?  Super chewy & sweet cookies that almost taste like a PB & J itself!




Ingredients:
1 egg
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup almond butter
1/2 cup jelly 
1/2 cup chopped dates
1 1/2 cup flour


Directions:
Combine egg and sugar in mixing bowl and stir in remaining ingredients.  Roll into 1" balls and flatten with bottom of a drinking glass or mug.  Bake at 350 degrees for 14 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment