Sunday, November 22, 2009

Pumpkin Cookies



This time of year, without fail, makes me want to bake.  And for the next 6 weeks, I feel confident that I'll have the baking bug, as I always do.  Then without fail, after Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years have passed, I probably won't want to go near my oven or taste the beautiful sugar, flour, and butter combination for a while.  For now, I'm going to embrace it, and write about it.


These cookies were whipped up on a recent weeknight when our dinner of leftovers didn't cut it for me.  I searched a bunch of pumpkin cookie recipes on the web and stumbled across this recipe from Suite Apple Pie and came up with the recipe below, based on what I had on hand.  


These turned out really soft and almost cake like.  Next time I'll definitely make a glaze or some sort of frosting.  These were created to consume immediately so I didn't feel the need this go round!  


Ingredients
 2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup oats
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 stick butter
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup golden raisins


Directions
Cream butter and sugar in electric mixer until soft and smooth.  Add the pumpkin, egg, and vanilla.  In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients.  Slowly add these to the wet ingredients until fully incorporated.  Fold in the golden raisins.


I added these by tablespoon to cookie sheets and baked for about 15 minutes at 350 degrees.    These could be made a lot smaller, I just served them with a heavy hand (I was hungry!).

No comments:

Post a Comment