Friday, July 16, 2010

Classic Hummus


I've made this hummus so many times in the past year or so, yet I realized I've never blogged about it.  The recipe is simple and, like any hummus recipe, can be easily adjusted to your taste.  It's my favorite that I've tried, I think due to the cayenne pepper and fresh lemon juice (don't use the store bought kind - I've tried it both ways and fresh lemon juice makes a huge difference).  

Lately we always have a batch in the fridge to put on sandwiches, wraps, or for an easy snack or appetizer if we have friends over.  Another bonus?  It takes about 5 minutes to make and when made in bulk ends up being so much cheaper than buying the tubs at the grocery store (that only last about 3 days in our house anyway!)

Classic Hummus
Recipe source: The World at Our Table


Ingredients:
2 cups chickpeas with 2 teaspoons liquid reserved
2 garlic cloves
3 tablespoons lemon juice
3 tablespoons tahini
1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
salt to taste


Directions:
Blend all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.  This keeps refrigerated for about a week.  

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this does sound easy, I have never made Hummus and I love it so much. I'm tryin it for sure. I think you're so cute (no I'm not a stalker weirdo, just a nice old lady in Georgia), but I just love your blog.

    Come to my blog and enter to win a $40.00 CSN gift card. Easy to enter, GREAT odds, and they have like 200 stores. Take care, Keri

    ReplyDelete