Thursday, February 10, 2011

Why my mornings just got better...

I realized today that in the past 10 nights, I have eaten at home twice. While it's been super fun, and I've had the opportunity to try a lot of new to me restaurants (Top Flr, La Grotta, and La Fourchette are all restaurants that I'd never been to before that I got to try in the past week and a half), I have to say I am burnt out from being overbooked and miss cooking so much! I've been reading blogs jealous of the time people have cooking and baking and am so ready to be back to a more low key lifestyle. Once next week is over hopefully things will return to normal.  Hopefully I'll get some rest like this dude:
(The reason why my blanket is at the dry cleaners right now...)


So instead of showing you what I've been cooking/eating, I present to you my birthday present to myself. Behold the coveted milk frother!
This baby makes some mean quasi lattes. If you like some foam in your morning cup o'joe, you've got to invest in one of these!


Here's what you do. Pour some milk into the frother.  Heat for 30 seconds. Pump about 30 times (until the volume of the milk doubles).  
Pour into your coffee. 











Here is the end result:

Ahhh...making mornings so much more enjoyable! Especially on the weekend!  These pictures don't even do the froth justice, but just believe me, it's a whole new coffee experience.  It's so gourmet!

I'm off to Birmingham this weekend for my friend Emily's wedding. Next week's after school activities involve some business, and some pleasure. I hope to cook dinner Sunday night though and am ready to try something time consuming so let me know if you have suggestions!  Have a great weekend!


2 comments:

  1. I definitely get burned out when I eat out too often. I completely understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh... do you think that would make a good chai latte?! Have fun in Birmingham!

    ReplyDelete