Thursday, August 27, 2009

Raw Veggie and Parmesan Salad



John and I recently took a trip to Cooperstown, NY, for a family reunion. We spent a weekend enjoying the cooler weather and taking in the beautiful scenery. Both nights we were there, we ate big family dinners on the deck. My Aunt Betsy made a variation of this easy salad and it was the perfect light accompaniment to grilled filet mignon. I knew I had to try it at home and recently ate it with grilled salmon and sweet potatoes.

Ingredients:
1/2 pint mushrooms
1/2 red bell pepper
3 stalks celery
Parmesano Reggiano
1/8 cup lemon juice
1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper

Directions:
Chop all veggies and cheese into equal sized, bite sized pieces.
In a separate bowl, combine the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
Toss with veggies, season with salt and pepper, and chill until time to serve. This stays well in the refrigerator - the lemon juice keeps all of the veggies fresh. I ate the leftovers on a salad the next day for lunch - delicious!




4 comments:

  1. That salad screams summer party! Love all of the colors. What a great idea :) Glad you two had a nice weekend. Happy (almost) Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. I saw your comment on another blog. I am also from Atlanta. I like finding local bloggers and that salad looks yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! That salad looks GREAT!

    ReplyDelete