I am planning on taking this week off as well, and making a decision by the end of the week for a couple of reasons.
- The race is 3 weeks from this Saturday, so I need to be prepared if I still plan on running it.
- I am supposed to run 20 miles this weekend - this is a crucial distance in the training program and I don't feel that I can skip it if I still plan on running.
- The hotel we have booked in Nashville runs my card in full on 4/4 and is non-refundable.
Pro's of running the marathon
- I will accomplish a life goal
- My 3 months of training won't go down the trash can
Con's of running the marathon
- I could potentially be causing myself a serious long term injury
- It would hurt really bad
- I love running too much to permanently injure my knees and not be able to run 3 - 5 miles on a whim without pain.
So, that's where I stand...advice/thoughts are actually welcome - I've run this by some friends/family and a lot of people say, "Well, I don't want to tell you what to do..." which I understand, but I'm also just interested in hearing what people think on the subject. So thanks in advance for the advice! I hope everyone has a great week, and I plan on checking back in with some fun recipes throughout the week! Spring is here which means grilling out and lighter sides!