Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Roasted Salmon with Herbs



Like my new casserole dish?  It's Le Creuset and I got it at Marshalls - score!  OK on to the regularly scheduled program:

I'm sorry for my little hiatus - it's been almost a week since my last post and since then we've been doing lots of fun holiday things - parties, shopping, baking.  Good times - I can't believe there are only 12 days left until Christmas!  It always seems like I blink and then it's here.  This week we've got some festive stuff planned as well and I'm excited to celebrate.

Last week on one of the few nights we were home, I made this Roasted Salmon with Herbs from Ina Garten's cookbook, How Easy is That?!  I'm a big Ina fan and want to go live in her house in the Hampton's, and also love her approach to cooking and entertaining - most of her recipes are very simple and focus on good ingredients vs. lots of difficult steps.  This recipe is no different.  

We're big salmon fans and probably have it every 8 - 10 days.  Almost every time, it's seasoned with sea salt & pepper, fresh lemon juice, olive oil, and dried dill weed, and then John grills it or pan sears it.  He was working late so I took over and made this salmon and we were really glad to have the opportunity to change it up a little bit.  Like most recipes, you could play around with the herbs based on what you have on hand, but I wouldn't skimp on the fresh dill - it's a classic pairing with salmon and really gives the dish a fresh, Mediterranean taste.


Roasted Salmon with Dill Weed
Recipe Source: How Easy is That?!
Serves 2

Ingredients:
2 salmon fillets
1/8 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/4 cup minced green onions
1/4 cup minced fresh dill
1/8 cup dry white wine
lemon wedges for serving

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.  Prepare a casserole dish with cooking spray.  Place the salmon fillets in the dish and season heavily with salt and pepper.   Whisk together the olive oil and lemon juice and drizzle the mixture over the salmon.  Let stand for 15 minutes.

Mix the green onions and dill in a small bowl (her recipe calls for parsley as well, which I didn't have).  Place over the salmon and pat down so it sticks.  Pour the wine around the salmon in the dish.

Roast for 10 to 12 minutes, until almost cooked through  Remove from the oven, cover tightly with aluminum foil, and let sit for 10 minutes.  Serve hot with lemon wedges.

Are you a big salmon fan?  If so what's your go- to way to serve it?  Include links if you have them!




No comments:

Post a Comment