Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Deja Vu and Adding Strength


As I started to load pictures of my eats today I realized you guys have seen this stuff before! Stovetop oats (with peanut butter stirred in...so good)   and pinto bean/avocado/cashew enchiladas.


















I swear these are so unbelievably good. I think this is the third time I've made them this month alone! This time I was out of corn tortillas so used whole wheat ones; they were good but I prefer corn for this recipe.

Work has been pretty manageable this week - I don't have any night time commitments and days have been calm. It's been really nice! I'm also back to normal health wise, thank goodness. Yesterday I woke up and went to the gym for a 3 mile treadmill run and an upper body/stability ball ab workout - I just couldn't face my regular spin class yet after being so sick. In hindsight, I was wiped out all day and think that I just pushed it too much after being under the weather for 4 days. 


Today, however, is different - I have my energy back completely! I knew John had to work late tonight so I didn't want to go to the gym after work and leave Sam all alone, so I came home. As soon as I got here I knew I wasn't turning around to go to the gym; it was raining and gross and I was tired. I ended up doing an at home workout that I found on The Daily Garnish - Emily's at home circuit workout. I did her circuit twice, with 15 jumping jacks in between each set since I don't have a treadmill. This is a great resource for days when you don't feel like going to the gym, and after reading Emily's story on adding strength training to her routine; I am sold! I've been the cardio queen my whole life, and while I know that will never change (gotta have the burn!), I am really excited about adding more strength training to my routine.


Do you strength train?  If so, how did you get into it and do you have any at-home workouts to share?

3 comments:

  1. I am obsessed with strength training. It changes your body like cardio never can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously I am into strength training being a PT. I do it at work between patients. For at home I love the 30 day shred by Jillian Michael's. She does 3 circuits of strength, cardio, and abs. It is awesome for when you just need to stay home. I did it last night and it is only about 20 minutes. Here is a link so you can see what it looks like. I got mine at Target. http://www.amazon.com/Jillian-Michaels-30-Day-Shred/dp/B00127RAJY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love strength training! I feel so bad a** lifting weights ;) I do all of my workouts at home, using DVD's, but I also get some ideas from www.sparkpeople.com .

    Jen
    http://www.jenslosinit.com/

    ReplyDelete